Monday 25 July 2011

"Idiot, You saved me"

“Rohit, I am not happy these days. I feel ‘Life is empty’ ” Madhavan was looking at the sky when he made the last statement.

“hmm...............Why?” Rohit asked. Rohit is regarded as the best listener by all his friends. He allows you to talk whatever you want to talk and asks a simple question when you pause. That question will most probably direct you to continue talking on the same matter until your heart feels light.

They were sitting on a rock which looked elder than the independent India and the place looked like a dense forest with only tall trees around them. They could even hear the breathing of the other person. There was a tube-light blinking just above rohit and the only person other than those two was the security guard who was in deep sleep. The entire coimbatore would be in deep sleep. The time was 02:30 and the place was GCT hostels.

“Let’s go. I want to sleep” Madhavan told still looking at the sky.

“Your wish” Rohit tried to sound casual and made signs of starting.

“Hold on rohit.” Madhavan was sounding soft this time. He shifted his look from the sky to Rohit. “I feel like talking”

“Go ahead.”Rohit said relaxing himself in the rock again.

“What do you think about God?” Madhavan looked straight into the eyes of rohit.

If one of us were out there listening, we would have shouted “What the hell you want to know about God by 3 o’clock in the morning when he himself might be in a deep sleep” But it is rohit and he knew about madhavan. So he told “Maddy(That is how he calls madhavan), What do you think?”

Maddy shifted his sight back again to the sky. He didn’t talk for the next 5 minutes and rohit was waiting for him to talk. “He must be a cruel guy. Before this, do you believe in God” Maddy showed his curiosity in knowing rohit’s views.

Rohit got up and went inside the building which was located just opposite the rock. He came back after a minute saying “Wanted to drink some water. You asked about my belief in God rite. See Maddy, There is an atheist in every theist and similarly there is a theist in every atheist.”

“If you are categorizing them that way, then into which category you fall” Maddy asked sharply

Rohit gave a weird smile and told “I am an atheist but I also have a theist inside me.”

“I want to be one of those but I cannot.” Maddy told with a voice which carried a lot of emotion.

“What is the problem, comrade......” Rohit asked for the first time losing his patience. Maddy got up from where he was sitting and moved slowly towards a tree. He looked at the tree and started to talk.

“Rohit, There is no real problem. I am suddenly feeling ‘Life is empty’. My family expects nothing from me. My friends expect nothing from me and even my sweet heart expect nothing from me. They all love me for sure but none of them cares about my future da. They are not even asking what I am going to do after my college life.” Maddy suddenly turned back to see rohit’s reaction.

Rohit showed no change in his face. He was listening. “I am worried about what next in life” Maddy looked into rohit and made signs like he is done with explainning his problem.

Rohit gotup from where he was sitting and came near to maddy. He put his hands over the shoulders of maddy and told “You are on the right path of your life. Now you are concerned about your future and you have a good family, good friends and a great sweat heart” Rohit adjusted his spectacles and continued “The reason I am saying this is they all love you for what you are today and they have left your future in your hands” Rohit stopped and looked sharp at him saying “believing you”.

Maddy smiled and told “rohit. You are a matured person and I am happy I have a friend like you”

Rohit asked “What about a movie tomorrow?”

“I am always there for it” Maddy waved his hand in the air.

“Let’s go.” Rohit told as both started moving towards the building. Maddy was moving faster but was suddenly struck by the big noise behind him and the scream of rohit. Turning back and looking he froze. Even the security guard gotup from sleep and many lights came live in the building in many rooms. Maddy removed the log which has fallen from the tree on rohit and put rohit on his lap.

The security guard came running with the first aid kit. Many students from the building came running to the spot. Rohit was moaning in pain when maddy moved away from rohit looking at the sky.

“Oh My God” Maddy said loud and started to pray while others were trying to do something to keep rohit ok. Suddenly Rohit called “Maddy.....” Maddy came running. “Maddy, Dont wake up God, He might be sleeping. Please help me get out of this pain” Rohit said smiling.

Maddy laughed within him. Then he lifted rohit and put on his shoulders. With the help of few other students they reached the 24 hrs hospital in the city “KONGUNADU” by auto.

After 2 days, Maddy and rohit were alone in the hospital room. Rohit was just getting out from the effect of the sleeping drugs given to him as pain killers.

Maddy saw rohit smiling at him. He told “God saved you.” with tears in his eyes.

Rohit strongly told “Idiot, You saved me.”

5 comments:

  1. Good one ....The way you explain the atmosphere is good da.. try to write little lengthy ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ashwin : Thanks da. Will try to write lengthy...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've to ask you one question.. whether this story is from real scenario or not!!??.. Throughout the blog, i felt it as real..!! Who knows?? It maybe real..
    Good one..
    Keep Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep it funny and humourous.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @shanmu : It is a mixture of many real happenings :) :P

    @Trojan(Bajji) : Sure...... But if it doesn't work out......?????

    ReplyDelete