Wednesday 20 July 2011

NH 47

Every single part of my body was aching. I was able to see the vehicles in my rear view mirror lying near me half broken. Blood was dropping from my head in front of me. My bike was lying a few metres away from me and the girl was just lying very close to me. Her white dress now looks like a combination of red and white. Her face was completely in red with blood. I have to do something.

Suddenly to my shock I felt I am not able to move any part of my body. It took sometime to understand what had happen. My mind rolled back to the hopes college signal in rapid speed. I was in the signal adjusting the mirror in the bike.

---------

“Excuse me......”I heard a voice which was sweeter than that of shreya goshal’s.

“Ya” I told looking at her sharp.

“I am already late for the exam and the bus had had a break down. Could you please drop me at the PSG CAS”

“PSG what”

“PSG College of Arts and Science....... Can you........Please” Her voice had innocence.

“Why can’t you wait for the next bus or take an auto.”

Suddenly her voice became cold and hard “I asked for a lift. Tell yes or no.”

“Yes” I told trying to keep my voice cold as well. We started from there and in few minutes my bike hit 60s as that was the maximum possible with a victor GL.

“Whats your name” I asked

“Me........ ”She was about to tell something may be her name but she screamed like something and I too wanted to scream but the shock held me cold. One of the HMV was overtaking the other suddenly without any clue and I had very few distance to move in the left as a fiesta was getting closer to me. In few seconds, I was flying in air seeing my bike and the girl flying with me as well.

------------

‘What next?’ I had a thought. The girl is lying motionless. No idea whether she is alive or not. I am almost in a coma stage with consciousness. No vehicle looks like stopping. Finally one ambassador came to halt near us. Two man in their late 40’s came out. They spoke something between them but didn’t understand. Might be some north indian language.  

Suddenly I felt like climbing a flyover. Those two men carried both of us in their shoulders. The man who carried me put me in the back seat of the car and the other man put her over me to be even more specific they put her in the remaining space. Even in that situation i felt a bit uncomfortable and not sure whether she was in the same condition as mine feeling uncomfortable. But they are doing the right thing. In this situation we are humans fighting for a survival.

She had her eyes opened but not moving the eyeballs like me. Probably that was the only one i was able to do that time. I felt like a bit tired and wanted to have a small sleep. But something within me told

“Don’t give up. This is not your regular sleep. Now if you close your eyes for sleep you will never open it again. Think of something which will make you feel happy. Think of Mom. Think of GCT(My college), Think of friends, Think of late night games, Think of the pleasure of success and agony of failure, ….............................Think of dad - ‘you have to be there for your mom forever’ - that was the only thing dad wanted from you”

Suddenly I started thinking about this girl in front of me. I don’t even know her name but I am feeling very sad for her. If she had got lift from any other vehicle or if her bus had been OK or if she had started early from her house............. sad........... None of the ifs had worked for her. I wanted one of that man to look at my phone or wallet and call to my mom but none of them did that.

I felt like the car is coming to a halt. Again the flyover feeling and both were in different stretchers moving towards the ICU maybe. I was happy that still I was holding on but what about her. While we were on the move someone checked my pulse and heard saying

“Thank God. He is still alive.”

But Other voice from near told “She is dead. In fact she might have died before half an hour as she is very cold”

I was still motionless. But the eyes which were working for the past few minutes busily was wet now. Tears were at the end of my eyebrows. I was taken into a room as I was looking at her and still felt like she was alive.

13 comments:

  1. dai ithu nejama?? wen all this happen??

    ReplyDelete
  2. @karthik : Kasta pattu karpanayaa ezhuthina nejama nejamanu kaekureenga.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super except one or two glitches.. Great way to start.. you could have named it as "Avinashi road" bcoz you know NH-47 goes arnd the city as L&T byepass..

    Keep Blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super da ...is it your first blog if so this is extra ordinary

    ReplyDelete
  5. what do you think about this as a reader??? :-) it was good...add more ink and don't be cinematic...


    good one once again...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Shanmu : I know it could have been better. sorry about the name
    @ashwin : thanks da.... this is not my first
    @joker : good but not great is my feeling... will try to avoid cinematic feel

    ReplyDelete
  7. nic imagination........

    aana road la neraya per irukum bodhu andha ponnu yen da unkita vandu lift ketuchu,
    adhenamo unkita lift keta ponu madritherila???????

    puriyudha na ena sola varean nu????

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice machi.. keep writting da

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sema da. Keep writing Sema da. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  10. difficult to digest for me............but excellent ...........dont write such heart touching things............

    ReplyDelete
  11. chinna... ithu imagination mattum thana ??? :P or is there a motive behind ths ?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @all : many liked this one... I think it is hard to write one like this again

    @bajji : Oru motivum ila

    ReplyDelete